Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Tried my wheatberries last night...


Wheatberries + Roasted Broccoli Tomatoes + Roasted Chickpeas




Wheatberries were yummy, definitely has a nice "nutty" flavor.

I love roasted Broccoli with lemon, not a fan of tomatoes - but I'm trying to eat the rainbow.






Wheatberries
1c wheatberries
2.5c water

bring it to a boil and let simmer until all the water is gone (about 20 minutes - but i think mine were pre-cooked to speed up cooking time)
I added a little sesame oil

Lemon Roasted Broccoli + Grape Tomatoes
chop a clove of garlic
mix broccoli, tomatoes and garlic in a big bowl
light coating of olive oil
a tablespoon of lemon juice
salt & pepper to taste

lay out on baking sheet
sprinkle with nutritional yeast

Bake@450 for 25-30 minutes, mix them up half way.

Roasted Chickpeas
frozen chickpeas thrown in a pan
olive oil
salt & pepper

I put it in the oven as the broccoli and tomatoes roasted
if you want them soft - take it out earlier and try it
if you want it as a crispy snack - bake it longer


HEY LADY WHAT DID YOU EAT TODAY?

No comments:

Post a Comment