When I juice, I always start with my carrots (peeled) and I put a clean freezer bag in the juicer's chute. This way, I get to enjoy the carrot juice without wasting the carrot pulp. I always keep the bag of shredded carrots in my freezer whenever I need it. Here are some ways I like to use my carrots:
- carrot cake
- homemade veggie burgers
- add to tomato sauce (good thickener and adds veggies to the sauce)
AND tonight I added the shredded carrots to my TACOS!
If you have any other good suggestions about where the pulp might be useful let me know by leaving a comment.
---------------------------------------------------
Tonight's menu: LEFTOVER TACOS
Turned out better than expected.
Picture shows taco filling, sliced cabbage and avocado on a soft taco shell.
Did you know...
that Vitamin C in cabbage helps reduce dark circles under your eyes?
In a pot on the stove add:
- chopped peppers- frozen chickpeas (one fist small)
- frozen kidney beans (two fists large)
- frozen carrots (one fist large)
- 1-2 cup water (or add as you need it)

SPICES
1 small vegetable bouillon nugget*
cumin (add a bit more than the rest)
chili powder
red pepper flakes
oregano
onion powder
pepper
*veggie bouillon had salt so I didn't add any extra salt
I didn't make exact measurements of the spices, but you can pretty much add any and as much spice as you want. Just make sure you taste it as you go. If it's too salty or spicy, just add another chunk of frozen carrots.
I let my filling simmer until all the liquid was gone.
HEY LADY, WHAT ARE YOU EATING?

No comments:
Post a Comment