Some tips to help cut down on prep time:
1) Buy a bag of potatoes, wash and cut them all into wedges.
Put them on a baking tray and freeze for 15 minutes.
Throw them all into a freezer bag.
Now whenever you need potato wedges, pull them out of the FREEZER and season them however you want.
2) A cost effective way to eat beans and lentils is to boil them yourself (instead of buying them in cans). I usually boil a big batch at a time and freeze little snack packs for future use.
Okay, now let's eat!
I don't claim to be a good photographer or a great cook. I'm just a real lady trying to make cooking easy
(while eating vegan)
Tofu Strips & potato wedges
here's how I (literally) threw it together without measuring:
for the TOFU you will need to prep two bowls:
1) The WET bowl:
- fill half a bowl with soy milk
- add teaspoon of cornstarch (not sure the benefit of the cornstarch but I trust it's doing something)
2) The CRUNCHY bowl:
- fill half a bowl with panko bread crumbs
- add a few shakes of cinnamon, cumin, salt, chilli power, cayenne pepper, onion powder
(taste your mixture to see if you need more flavor)
- rinse and cut your tofu
- dip it in the WET and then the CRUNCHY
- squish your tofu gently to make sure all sides have enough bread crumbs
Potato Wedges
- throw some potato wedges in a bowl with some lentils*
- toss in some olive oil
- shake in some cinnamon, garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper
*the lentils cook faster than the wedges so bake the potatoes first and add the lentils later
Line pans with parchment paper, put TOFU and WEDGES on pans
oven at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes
flip the tofu only when the breadcrumbs are a bit more solid/baked.
Cookie Face-off
When she says bake for 12 minutes and no longer - FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS if you want soft and chewy cookies!!!
dry vs. wet*
*I added a dash more liquid to the "wet" cookies. Since I added coconut I guess the recipe needed a bit more liquid. They're softer, expanded more and as you can see, they are darker in color.
The "dry" cookies are still soft and yummy, but they just didn't bake as well.
Some other modifications:
1) i cut the sugar in half (i don't like like my cookies super sweet)
2) i added shredded coconut and reduced the chocolate chips
Store these cookies in an airtight container and they should stay soft and chewy for a few days (but I doubt they'll last that long)
HEY LADY, WHAT ARE YOU EATING?
now if only i could find someone to do my dishes...


No comments:
Post a Comment