Saturday, June 22, 2013
Zucchini and Blossoms
I went to the farmer's market today and picked up some zucchini blossoms. I had never seen them before and was really fascinated! The man selling them admitted that he had never tried them but said they are edible. I looked up recipes and found lots that involved deep frying and cheese, so I decided just to saute them instead. It worked out well for a light dinner paired with an actual zucchini!
I've eaten a zucchini for dinner ever day this week, it's just so easy and works well as either a pasta-type base or a salad base. Every sauce I've thought of so far (from roasted tomato to peanut to garlic) has worked well.
Shredded Zucchini with Zucchini Blossoms:
Ingredients:
- 1 zucchini, shredded (I used a mandoline)
- 3 zucchini blossoms, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
- 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Instructions:
1. Prepare all ingredients.
2. Heat oil in pan, add garlic. When it softens, add zucchini blossoms and cook for about 30 seconds
3. Pour garlic, oil and blossoms over shredded zucchini. Add lime juice and toss together.
4. Eat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

yum lady!
ReplyDeletelook those wavy things haha.