Tuesday, June 18, 2013

energy boost?


It's been a long time since my last blog - which means I haven't been eating anything spectacular or anything all that great.  =(

As a result... I've been low in energy and feeling like I might be getting sick. 
You really are what you eat.

So my solution to get back on track was to give myself a boost.

I have wanted to try this super green powder mix for a while now, so here goes....

I mixed the whole package (as instructed) with a glass of orange juice.  It turned out very GREEN, but don't worry, it tastes fine...
Last time I was at the health food store, I saw a variety of powders sold in large canisters (about 20-30 dollars for one I think).  I wasn't sure I wanted to purchase a whole jar, so I thought it was brilliant that I could just try one little package to see if I liked it before investing in the whole jar.

Result: I like it and will probably buy a jar to have once in a while (not everyday).  My philosophy: it never hurts to have things in moderation just to ensure you're getting a little of everything.  This way if you find out something horrible about the product I wouldn't have consumed truckloads of it to make me sick, but I've added a little of it into my lifestyle to give me a boost when I need it.

I try to do my research before I try things.  But if I've missed something and you have anything to share about powder mixes in general (good or bad), leave a comment - I'd love to learn more.

Here is my drink, hanging with Spike the aloe.



my DINNER.
Don't judge me for the simplistic dinner.  but I really did want to eat something simple.
So I made beans and brown rice with a vegetable bullion square.
It was so simple and turned out so yummy.
I just used a rice cooker and put all the ingredients in and let it do it's thing.
about half hour later... voila!  you could add this to any dish as a side and it would be delicious!
okay lady - your turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment